Sunday, April 19, 2015

all rodarte everything

RODARTE Spring / Summer 2013 at Dallas Contemporary

Well grad school doesn't play... I've been like up to my ass in work this semester and probably won't slow down until the summer.  So while this blog kind of took a breather, my shopping sure as hell didn't, and I've acquired about half a dozen new Rodarte pieces (with literally NOWHERE to wear them).


Intersections, Anila Quayyum Agha




--- LOTS MORE BELOW---


RODARTE brain print top,  RODARTE geometric print skirt,  3.1 PHILLIP LIM heels




I paired this Spring/Summer 2013 Rodarte combo this weekend at Dallas Contemporary.  A new show opened a week ago, and based on the Instagrams, I knew I wanted to check it out.  Look at this cage!!!  Mark and I always like to go to the new DC shows on opening night, but a night class this semester totally prevented it, thus forcing me to frame my reception look as "casual" weekend attire.



Mark got me this Rodarte Spring/Summer 2013 brain-print top about a month ago.  It's like the tightest shirt in the world.  The skirt is from the same collection, and it's like a size too big, but whatever, it's gorgeous.  Shoes are 3.1 Phillip Lim.

RODARTE top,  RODARTE skirt,  3.1 PHILLIP LIM shoes



So... you may also notice that my hair is totally fucking short now!!  My transition from platinum blonde to dark brunette wasn't nearly as, um, smooth as one would hope.  It turns out all the stuff they warn you about before going platinum is very true, so yeah, this is what I am rocking now.  I actually could have probably managed the slightly-ratchet, mid-length brunette "lob" I was sporting in my last post, but in all honesty, this was a welcome change.  



America Sneezes, Nate Lowman

And while I'm busy with classes (both attending AND teaching) this spring... and summer... and fall... I've set aside a number of looks and planned a lot of Rodarte-heavy posts.  And spoiler alert: some will be in PARIS!!!!!!!  We're going to France, mothafuckazzzzz



No comments:

Post a Comment