Sunday, January 4, 2015

see mystery lights

ANTHROPOLOGIE coat, RODARTE FOR TARGET dress,
RODARTE FOR TARGET knee-highs, VINTAGE wedges

 I have literally owned this tulle dress since I was a fat brunette (Mark bought me the entire collection for Christmas in 2009), but it's such an iconic piece of my wardrobe that I had to bring it along and try to work it into my Marfa looks.  Mark and I had already planned a fun late night dinner, but we both worked up an appetite while shooting.  Solution:  BIRTHDAY DAIRY QUEEN!!!



--- LOTS MORE BELOW---


ANTHROPOLOGIE coat, RODARTE FOR TARGET dress,
RODARTE FOR TARGET knee-highs, VINTAGE wedges, MOSCHINO phone case


This shoot just kind of happened.  We planned to hit up DQ for some dessert Blizzards, go and try to spot the famed Marfa lights at the viewing site, and then make our way back to the Beyonce-approved Museum of Electronic Wonders & Latenight Grilled Cheese Parlour for a couple of "Motherfuckers" (order one of these!!).  Mark brought his camera along and snapped some pics of me outside our hotel in the town square.




You probably can't tell from the picture below, but the Marfa Lights viewing deck has literally no lighting.  None.  It's basically a bench behind a big platform in the middle of the field.  We both noted how it seemed like a wonderful place to be stabbed by a drifter.  We didn't see any lights!


This coat was an impulse buy (as are all of my coat purchases, which are largely unjustifiable due to the Texas weather).  I don't usually shop at Anthro - and have way too many coats - but I actually find myself wearing this one a lot.  Also, I'm a fan of these knee-highs from the Rodarte's Target collaboration.  Super grannyish, but whatever, I'm into them. 

Happy 2015!  Mark and I have lots of fun things in store for the blog this year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment