Sunday, November 23, 2014

prada marfa



So I turned 26.  We decided to celebrate with a weekend trip to Marfa!

--- LOTS MORE BELOW---




RODARTE top,  J.CREW pants,  SAINT LAURENT PARIS boots

We'd always wanted to visit Marfa, a dusty little art town in West Texas, but the 8 hour drive was never really appealing.  But Mark and I sucked it up, woke up at 3:00 a.m. and ended up having one of the coolest and most unique birthday trips I think I've ever had.

PRADA MARFA

We made the pilgrimage to Prada Marfa, a faux Prada boutique and iconic Elmgreen and Dragset art installation, on our way into town.  I had to indulge my inner tourist and frolic around outside it.  Prada Marfa's also like 10 feet off the highway, so I literally made Mark stand in the middle of US 90 to take these pics.  I'll spare you the ones of me jumping around and getting dust all over myself.



Speaking of dust... Marfa probably wasn't the best place to break in these virgin Saint Laurent boots.  But look at them!!!  I saw them walk down the runway and absolutely knew I was getting them.  Also, the top is Rodarte (thanks, Mark!) and it makes me kind of nostalgic and reminds me of the ones I used to tie dye and wear in college (ughhh, regrets).  



RODARTE silk tie-dyed top

Beware - Mark photographed me during every step of this trip, so I have about a month of Marfa posts all queued up!

No comments:

Post a Comment