Saturday, November 29, 2014

alexander wang x h&m



Alexander Wang x H&M has been on my radar for a long time.  Everyone knows I love a good designer collab - especially the H&M ones.  Designers basically reissue archive pieces from their main lines, giving me the chance to score direct rip offs of clothes I missed out on the first time around (sorry, def couldn't afford Margiela in college!).  I'd already started mentally cataloguing looks from past Wang collections that I hoped would show up.

--- LOTS MORE BELOW---


ALEXANDER WANG x H&M shirtdress, SAM EDELMAN boots


The AWang x H&M stuff ended up being an entirely new collection made of performance fabrics, but it still had his urban, athletic signature. A lot of the pieces were grungy and casual, a look I've begun to embrace since I now spend my days fetching Starbucks and pressed juices for my boss.  Also, I have to be careful with how often I wash my super processed hair (so it doesn't all fall out),  so beanies have become my BFFs.  Lucky for me, they pair really nicely with this H&M collection!

THE CHINATI FOUNDATION
When planning our Marfa trip, Mark and I knew we wanted to hit the Chinati Foundation, a museum established by contemporary minimalist Donald Judd that houses works by Dan Flavin, Claes Oldenburg, and Judd himself.  Chinati has a distinct focus on merging the worlds of art and architecture, so a lot of the museum's collection has a rigid, clean and industrial feel ... yet it's located in the middle of the Chihuahuan desert.  It's definitely a really interesting juxtaposition.

ALEXANDER WANG x H&M shirtdress, SAM EDELMAN boots


I'm wearing an Alexander Wang for H&M shirtdress with a mesh panel.  The shoes are the Sam Edelman "Zoe" boots... I guess they're vintage at this point, but I still have a soft spot for them since they remind me so much of my favorite Balenciagas.  Total bitch to walk around the desert in, though.  The works in these photographs are Judd's 15 untitled sculptures in concrete.  The Chinati Foundation was definitely a Marfa highlight!

No comments:

Post a Comment