Sunday, March 3, 2013

Prabal Gurung for Target







I always get pretty excited about the Target designer collaborations.  I have a shit ton of the Rodarte and Missoni stuff, and a lot of my work wardrobe is comprised of the Jason Wu for Target separates.  So it's not really a surprise that I was pretty excited when it was announced that Prabal Gurung was going to design a Target line.  When the lookbook came out, though, I was kind of shocked at how much I liked a lot of the pieces.  Like a lot of Prabal's collections, the Target line was print-driven, and I was most drawn to the various floral pieces and the strappy heels.

Even though a lot of Mississippi residents aren't really that privy to the fashion world or Prabal Gurung as a designer, you can always count on a lot of randoms to show up at Target really early on collaboration mornings.  I always get kind of psycho about actually getting each of the pieces that I like, so after the Missoni for Target launch, where there were like 30+ middle-aged women fighting each other for the blankets, grabbing pairs of shoes out of the employees who were stocking the shelves' hands, being DICKS, etc., my boyfriend and I started this tradition of waking up super-early and camping out in front of target on launch morning, buying everything I want, and then going to brunch.

This go around, I invited my sister and my co-worker over for pre-Prabal pizza and drinks.  We ended up staying up until like 3 a.m. and ordering the shoes when they became available online, napping for an hour, and then driving to Target at like 4:30.  We were the only ones there for about three hours, until a few teenage girls and their moms showed up, so when the doors actually opened there were like 12 of us there.  I ended up with a bunch of shit (4 tops, 3 dresses, 3 pairs of heels, a pair of shorts, a sweatshirt, and a blazer) so go me?

Blazer in Floral Crush print, long-sleeve tee, and shorts in Floral Crush print

Shirtdress in Nolita print
Dress in First Date print

Lace blouse

No comments:

Post a Comment